It is hard to call this a ‘recipe’, it only has four ingredients. I also did not put much thought into this, because the image on the front of the package showed me the meal I was going to make. Next time you are in Trader Joes (or anywhere that sells seafood snacks), consider this for a quick and easy meal. If you cannot get your hands on the product pictured here, you can use any other type of light and crispy seaweed snacks. Those small sheets of snack-able seaweed can be crumbled up to be very similar.
Click to enlarge.
- 4 cups cooked white rice (such as Jasmine or sushi rice)
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- *1 bag-Trader Joe's Sweet Sesame Seaweed (for topping)
- 2 - 4 tsp. soy sauce for drizzling.
- Prepare rice according to package directions (using approximately 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice).
- Combine cooked rice with thawed edamame.
- Divide into separate bowls (serves four or so).
- Top each with desired amount of seaweed snack (1 to 2 Tbsp. each). Drizzle soy sauce over the top (1/2 to 1 tsp. each).
- Can be served hot or cold. Top with seaweed just before serving.
- *If you can not find Trader Joe's Sweet Sesame Seaweed, you can substitute any type of light seaweed snacks. The sheets of snack-able seaweed work perfectly, crumbled up.