I love stir fry. Many different vegetables and seasonings work well for stir fry. You don’t need a recipe, nor do you really need skill. You just need to know what you like. Today I was in the mood for something colorful on my plate. This recipe is colorful, nutritious, delicious and so easy. I used Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki for this. You may use any sauce that tickles your fancy.
Throw all veggies in a pan with pre-heated olive oil. Easy Peasy.
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or sushi rice (about 2 cups uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups chopped vegetables, such as: red cabbage, carrots, onions, broccoli, and sugar snap peas
- 4-6 Tbsp. (or more to taste) Trader Joe's Island Soyaki*
- handful cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat a large fry pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and heat for a few seconds. Add all vegetables to fry pan. Stir vegetables frequently, and cook for about 5-8 minutes, (or until the onions begin to turn slightly translucent, but they are still crisp).
- Pour cooked rice onto a large serving serving plate (or in individual bowls). Top rice with stir fried vegetables. Pour Island Soyaki over the top, and garnish with cilantro.
- *Use any sauce or marinade that you wish. Or omit the sauce all together, and simply season vegetables with salt and pepper.