Free! That’s right. Last week I offered Free Tempura. This week I’m offering Free Fettuccine. How can I manage this? I won’t. You will! That is because you will not truly be eating any food without the cost. You will be getting to eat food free of gluten, and dairy, and eggs, oh my! Of course, you don’t have to use gluten free pasta. Use any pasta that you wish. Furthermore, you can switch out the vegetables or use none at all. You are ‘free’ to choose! 😀 I have posted images of the preparation. Scroll down for recipe.↓
Blend cashews in food processor or coffee grinder.
(In batches if necessary).↓
Free Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1- 16 oz. package pasta I used brown rice fettuccine
- In a food processor or coffee grinder, grind raw cashews until a flour-like consistency. Transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Using a microplane or zester, grate the garlic cloves into cashew flour.
- Add to the cashew mixture, the nutritional yeast, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and water. Whisk to blend.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a medium sized pot. Pour cashew mixture into strainer and gently coax through with the back of a spoon. Discard any small bits left over.
- Heat cashew mixture, stirring frequently, over medium-low heat until just hot. It will thicken quickly, so remove from heat once desired consistency is achieved.
- Meanwhile, give broccoli and spinach a quick heat. Place in a steamer, or in a pot with a small amount of water, and steam until broccoli is just tender, and spinach is just wilted.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain cooked pasta in a colander.
- Empty pasta into a large bowl or serving plate. Top with cashew sauce and vegetables. Give a gentle toss to mix.