Here are two methods for heating corn tortillas: In the microwave for rolling enchiladas, and on a fry pan for soft tacos.
Microwave (for rolling)
- Dampen a medium sized kitchen towel.
- Wrap three to four corn tortillas inside damp towel and place on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave for 30-40 seconds, or just until heated and pliable.
- Repeat in small batches. Keep tortillas wrapped (in a second warm damp towel) while working, to maintain their pliability.
- *Use this method for rolling tortillas, which will be baked (such as enchiladas). The dampness this method creates is not desirable for soft tacos.
Pan heating (for soft tacos)
- Heat a nonstick skillet or fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Place a single corn tortilla on pan and heat for 20-30 seconds (careful not to burn), flip tortilla with tongs and heat on other side.
- Repeat, and store in a kitchen towel or tortilla warmer to maintain heat.