I’m currently on a peanut butter kick. I’ve been enjoying it on rice cakes, celery, toast… and I would love to have some in a cookie. I always like peanut butter, but it is not my favorite. Sometimes I just get a craving, and I must satisfy it. I crave it, I eat it, I am comforted!… Hence, the blog titled ‘Comfort Food Infusion’… 🙂 I made a half batch of this and it yielded over 30 cookies. They are chewy, peanut buttery, and have the perfect amount of sweetness. These delightfully delicious cookies have satisfied my craving, as well as the rest of my families’. They are simple and quick to make… but, they will be gone in a flash!
Mix ingredients and drop by heaping teaspoonfuls,
onto a cookie sheet.↓
Bake at 325° F for about 10 minutes.
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free*↓ or regular flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum if using gluten free flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter (margarine), peanut butter, sugars and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, and xanthan gum (if using).
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Add chocolate chips. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, spaced a couple inches apart. (I line mine with parchment).
- Bake at 325° F for about 9-12 minutes or until set. (Bottoms will be a light golden brown).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring from cookie sheet to a plate.
Find my gluten free, all purpose flour mix here- https://comfortfoodinfusion.com/gluten-free-flour-mix/
This flour mixture can replace regular wheat flour, cup for cup, in virtually any recipe.