The strawberry stand in our neighborhood is open for the season. Oh man, the berries are better than I remember them. I think I bought too many. Will we be able to finish them off before they go bad? You better believe it! I plan on having strawberries for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The salad posted here was my lunch. It shall be tomorrow’s lunch as well! This recipe uses the same dressing as the one in my Quinoa salad. Mmm, mmm.
Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3/4 cup oil canola or olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam I prefer the one with seeds
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. agave or sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 -6 oz. bag baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup almonds roughly chopped and toasted
- 2 Tbsp. feta cheese crumbled
Directions for Vinaigrette
- In a jar or container with a tight fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients. Place lid on jar and shake vigorously until dressing is well blended and there are no more clumps of jam.
Directions for Salad
- Roughly chop almonds. Place on a baking sheet and toast in oven or toaster oven for just a few minutes. Keep your eyes on them, nuts go from white to black very quickly.
- In a large bowl empty bag of spinach. Top spinach with sliced strawberries, toasted almonds, cranberries and crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve salad with vinaigrette on the side, or pour directly on top and give a light toss. (If saving leftovers, do not add vinaigrette until serving).