I heard a voice coming from the kitchen today. “Balsamic vinegar,” it said. Upon entering the kitchen, the voice came again, “Balsamic vinegar”. It took a few more times of hearing the voice repeat before realizing it was coming from the refrigerator. What I was hearing was the rest of the left over eggs from Easter, asking for balsamic vinegar. O.K. So, the eggs weren’t asking for it. I was. Like the way most of my meals come to fruition, it starts with a craving. I crave it. I eat it. I am comforted. Needless to say, this salad comforted me.
Mixed Greens and Egg Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1- 5 oz. bag mixed baby spring lettuce
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup peas fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- In a jar or container with a tight fitting lid, add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, tarragon, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Place lid on tightly and give a really good shake.
- Pour baby lettuce into a large bowl. Top lettuce with eggs, tomato and peas. Pour vinaigrette over salad, give a light toss, and serve.