Here is another great recipe that uses my favorite vegetable, corn, along with heirloom tomatoes. This salad is so similar to one I did a short while back, Corn and Tomato Salad. With the addition of pasta, this becomes a heartier dish, and it is also a popular one for kids. I tripled this recipe and made it for a school function. I used gluten free pasta, but any pasta works fine. I also made this salad vegan, but the option of topping it with feta cheese is an easy adjustment. Simply serve the feta on the side and it can be added to individual servings. This is another perfect barbeque, potluck, or camping side dish.
Serve with feta cheese (non-vegan option).↓
Tomato and Corn Pasta
- 8 oz. package pasta gluten free if desired
- 1 cup corn kernels equal to two ears of corn
- 8 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered (I used heirloom variety)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder or 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine all ingredients and toss gently to combine.