A couple weeks ago, I made some Candied Orange Pecans. I had just a few of them left, and decided I wanted to use them on a salad. The pecans have a very fall/winter flavor to them. I felt that a salad of butter lettuce and fall flavors would be perfect for them. I really wasn’t craving a salad with pears though, as the original recipe uses them. Since this is spring and warm weather fruits are those that are in season, I mixed things up a bit. I used strawberries and apples and made this a fall/spring infusion salad. The flavors turned out to complement each other beautifully. This salad was delicious and comforting.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Yogurt Dressing
Ingredients for Dressing
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 tsp. lemon juice.
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 7 oz. bag butter lettuce
- 1 small apple cored and sliced
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 3/4 cup candied pecans and cranberries*
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
Directions for Dressing
- In a jar or container with tight fitting lid, combine yogurt, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Attach lid tightly and shake well until thoroughly mixed.
Directions for Salad
- Pour bag of lettuce in a serving bowl. Top with apples, strawberries, pecans, cranberries and green onions. Pour salad dressing over salad. Give a gentle toss, and serve.
You could substitute this with toasted pecans and cranberries.